Precautions for applying drought-resistant and water-retaining agent to fruit trees
1. Pay attention to determine the reasonable dosage
The application amount of drought-resistant and water-retaining agent should consider the following factors:
(1) When saplings are planted, apply 20-30g per hole, and for mature trees, apply 50-100g per hole depending on the size of the tree.
(2) Loam and clay soils with deep soil layers and strong water and fertilizer retention capacity should be less; suitable for sandy and barren land with shallow soil layers and poor water and fertilizer retention capacity. Generally, the increase or decrease can be about 20%.
(3) Drought-resistant and water-retaining agents are generally divided into two categories; one is acrylamide, and the other is starch acrylate copolymer cross-linked products. The former has a long service life and the ability to store water in the soil for up to 4 years, but has a low water absorption rate. Therefore, the former can be applied more appropriately in the first year, and the dosage should be appropriately reduced when applied year after year. The latter has a high water absorption rate, but the ability to store water and maintain moisture in the soil is only about two years, so it is not necessary to consider whether it has been applied in the past.
The effect of applying drought-resistant and water-retaining agent to the tree
2. Pay attention to determine a reasonable depth
The water in the anti-drought water-retaining agent will not automatically overflow and penetrate into the soil, it can only be absorbed by the root system. Therefore, it is necessary to apply drought-resistant and water-retaining agent to the root distribution layer in order to be fully absorbed and utilized by the root system to maximize its efficiency.
Three, pay attention to the preparation of mixed soil
Drought-resistant water-retaining agent must be thoroughly mixed with a certain amount of soil before application. The mixing ratio of drought-resistant water-retaining agent and soil is 1:1000-2000. If the mixing is uneven, too little area will not play the role of drought resistance and water retention, and too much area will cause excessive local water absorption.
4. Pay attention to combining with other water conservation measures
The application of drought-resistant and water-retaining agents is only one of the water-saving measures. In production, there are many water conservation and water conservation measures, such as mulching with plastic film, storing fertilizer in holes, and covering grass in orchards. Therefore, the application of drought-resistant and water-retaining agents must be combined with other water-saving measures to make the effect more obvious.
5. Pay attention to combining with orchard fertilization
Because the drought-resistant and water-retaining agent can only be applied underground, the application is laborious and time-consuming. In order to improve the efficiency, it should be combined with the orchard when applying basal fertilizer.
Six, pay attention to timely replenishment
Drought-resistant water-retaining agent is not a water-generating agent, so if it takes too long after application, it will not meet the water needed for the growth and development of the fruit tree. Therefore, the moisture content should be checked in time after application, and water should be added in time.
Seven, pay attention to drainage during the rainy season
Drought-resistant and water-retaining agent cannot evaporate naturally after absorbing water. When continuous rainfall, the soil water holding capacity will be saturated and supersaturated for a long time, making the soil poor in aeration performance, causing root rot and affecting the normal growth of fruit trees.